Using this website
Beyond Five aims to support health professionals working in the field of head and neck cancers.
- Included in this section are a series of comprehensive patient information sheets and resources to help health professionals advise their patients about head and neck cancer diagnosis, treatment and care.
- The Beyond Five website has been developed for people with head and neck cancer and their families and carers. It can be accessed with or without support from health professionals.
- The Beyond Five website is nationally relevant and based on the best available evidence and expert clinical consensus. It has also been developed with input from people with head and neck cancer, their families and carers.
- The information on the website reflects the cancer care journey from diagnosis, treatment to life after cancer to ensure patients (and carers) can easily find the information they’re after at the right time and place.
Encouraging people with head and neck cancer to use this website
- People with head and neck cancer have a range of important and unique needs and it is vital they have access to accurate and update to date information and support.
- The information on this website is supported by various patient stories, animations and images. People can read the information online or print a copy to read at a time that suits them.
- People can access the information on a range of devices (PC, smart phone or a tablet), so the information can be read wherever they are.
Using this website as part of a patient consultation
- You may like to use this website as part of your consultation with patients to ensure the latest evidence based information is provided in a format that is easy to understand.
- Anatomy illustrations, patient information sheets, videos and animations are available to support medical explanations, tailored to individuals with different types of head and neck cancer.